Final Fantasy XV is an Action Role-Playing game by Square Enix coming to PS4 and Xbox One on November 29, 2016.
About Final Fantasy XV
In a matter of days, the Kingdom of Lucis is to sign an armistice, ending a long and bitter conflict with Niflheim. Ahead of the ceremony, Prince Noctis, heir to the Lucian throne, sets forth from his homeland to formalize the union of states through his marriage to the Lady Lunafreya of the imperial province of Tenebrae.
The offer of peace, however, is no more than a ruse to lower the Lucian shield, and the imperial army takes the crown city and its sacred crystal in one fell swoop. En route to his destination, Noctis is shocked to learn that he, his father the king, and his betrothed are believed dead.
Overnight, the dream of peace has faded into a distant memory. His world crumbling around him, Noctis has naught but his resolve and his loyal companions to see him through the trials to come.
Final Fantasy XV Gameplay Concepts
Get ready to be at the center of the ultimate fantasy adventure. Enter the world of FINAL FANTASY XV, and experience epic action-packed battles along your journey of discovery. You are Noctis, the Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Lucis, and your quest is to reclaim your homeland from the clutches of the imperial army.
Joined by your closest friends, you will take the wheel and experience a voyage like no other, traveling through the breathtaking world of Eos encountering larger-than-life beasts and unforgiving enemies. You will learn to master the skills of weaponry and magic, channelling the power of your ancestors allowing you to effortlessly warp through the air in thrilling combat.
Fresh faces and long-time fans, fulfill your destiny and experience a brand new kind of fantasy.
Pre-Release Gameplay Info
- Players will be able to save the game at any point.
- The game is not an entirely open world experience. As you progress with the story, the amount of places you can go to increases.
- Players can expect something similar to a skill tree when learning abilities.
- There are seven weapon types, with each type featuring a diverse variety of options to choose from.
- You can fast travel to places you have camped at.
- You can go back and check previously visited locations before taking on the last boss.
- Noctis’ car, The Regalia is faster than chocobos. Once you get a flying car, if you crash land, you’ll have to return to before the flight. There are gameplay mechanics involved in taking off and landing, with landing being slightly harder.
- You can increase the performance of chocobos by feeding them different food, which will augment their speed and stamina for the following day.
- Climbing is not going to be a feature in the game.
- You can’t drive the boat on your own, but you can control the camera.
- There won’t be a gallery mode or photo mode at launch. Post-launch support is being considered.
- The game is designed to be approachable to all skill levels, with mastery of the scheme unfolding as the game goes on. There will be difficulty options however, and an E3 surprise.